Well, I have made a list of resolutions.
I rarely ever make them b/c I rarely keep them. I am not good at committing to things. But I really want to make this new year count! I want to make Kraig and my life matter. We want nothing more than to glorify Christ with our relationship and we want to do His will. But that will not come easy. We will have to make sacrifices. We will have to make the hard decisions. We will make our lives better.
So, I have compiled a list of things I want to do in my life to help this along. :)
1. I have resolved to strengthen my relationships. I want to pray more. I want to be in His word everyday. Through this, He will strengthen Kraig and my relationship as well as those around us.
2. I resolve to lose weight. We both want to become healthier. So, with that comes sacrifice. No more Dr. Pepper for me. For those of you who know me...this is going to be rough! It's been 3 grueling days and I'm hurting for that wonderful goodness of 23 flavors. I would love to give up caffeine also but that will come in time. I am a southern girl through and through and it will be hard pressed to give up my sweet tea! So, in due time...in due time. The tea will go and I will be drinking more water and less sugar. We also want to eat better. So, I have resolved to cook...to learn to cook. This is going to be the kicker. I want to cook 4 out of 7 nights! Holy Cow! What am I thinking!?!? In order to have some accountability, I will probably be posting on here my concoctions and recipes I come up with. This will be funny.
3. I want to become a DIY - er kind of girl. I have become infatuated with DIY people and projects. I have been all over looking at blogs, websites, magazines...just to see what the newest trend is and how to do it. But I probably won't be doing much of what I have seen. I have come up with some of my own ideas and they are a lot more inexpensive. So, get ready for pics of my upcoming endeavors...HOPEFULLY! I have a list of things I want to make and with our upcoming move...I will be able to accomplish some of the things I want to make. :)
4. I have a whole list of other personal goals but I'll leave those to the Lord, Kraig and me to work through. I think 2011 is going to be fun, challenging, hard, crazy but I hope that it is spent in the Lord's will most importantly.
List of things this year...
- Best friend's Wedding
- 2 of our cousin's are getting married so road trip!!!
- new pup
- new house
- paying of debt
- lots of other little fun things :)
and most of you know...my dad is leaving Saturday for his last deployment. So, I ask now for your prayers for him, his troops, mom, and my family! It will be a trying time but as Ma and I discussed last week...we have hope in our Lord and He is our strength. He will keep us moving and He will protect us and my dad.
Thanks for being patient...