Skip to main content

Just a little update...

I guess let's start out with who you really care about :)

Rett!

Monday, Rett was 10 months.  Where have the days gone?!

He's gotten so big.  I love it but I sure do miss the days where he would let me snuggle him to sleep.

So, let's see...

We had to go to the doctor for a followup from his 8 month checkup.  They were concerned he isn't gaining weight like he should.  Talk about stressing a Mommy and Daddy out.  Well, he's fine.

He is healthy and active.  But he's still not gaining weight.  In 2 months, he didn't even gain a pound.  SAD!  And it's not for lack of trying.  I am still nursing but I have added in baby foods at 2 meals and lots of snacks so either he's just going to be little like his dad and mom OR because he's super active, he's just burning quicker than I can feed him.  Either way, he's not on the unhealthy range...just in the "keep an eye on" range.  We are thankful either way for a fun and active little guy. We have to go back again next month to see if he's gained or lost.

Hmmm...so, on Monday...HE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!  He has for the last few nights now. (last night not so good but we won't discuss that)  I'm hoping that it catches on and he will continue to do so.  I feel like a brand new mommy - getting all that sleep!  I have forgotten what a full 8 hours will do for ya!  He also cut his 8th tooth Monday.  He's had an eventful week.

He crawls!  EVERYWHERE!  He can pull up and will turn around, stand and then fall to the ground.  He can walk along the couch or surface he's holding on too.  He can high-five.  He can wave when he wants too.  He is all around a happy baby.  He'll go to anyone unless he's tired.  I guess we should start practicing stranger-danger!  Maybe later.  He's just a friendly little one.  We are still quite smitten with him.  He definitely keeps our attention.


Well, if you can't tell, I'm touching a horse in this picture.  Rett didn't want anything to do with him.  I still don't think he ever touched him.  I guess he'll stick to dogs.


We got a new water bottle for him.  He likes to chew on it more than drink water.  That's ok.  He gets some and that's all that matter.


He knows where the tupperware cabinet is and loves to play with them all at the same time.


Since it's been so nice, we go out and sit in the sun.  He hates the grass.  But likes to eat it...go figure.



He's helping his Daddy study his History.


We got to go visit some friends at Gordan Lee for their proms.  Rett loved all the shiny dresses and pretty flowers!!


We love bathtime!!!


He likes to sit backwards in his stroller!  I guess he likes to look at me!  :)

Let's see what else....

Kraig and I are playing softball with the church league.  We are enjoying it.  :)

We are getting ready to go visit our family in PA at the end of the month.  Super excited!!!

We are gearing up for a busy summer.  School is almost out for Kraig so we are just finishing up school, baseball and a graduation this year!!!  WE are super excited!  

I guess that's it.  We have been pretty busy but nothing major has been going on.  We are just enjoying the weather and spending time together.  

Don't forget to get your Roo cup!

Go enjoy this pretty day!  We are about to go out and sit in the sun!  :)

Stay cool...
~Ashleigh and Rett


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th