Skip to main content

John 14:27

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."

We made it to Colorado! And I must say it is beautiful!!! I will post pictures soon once I figure it out :) But for now, you will just have to take my word for it. It is BEAUTIFUL! We are staying in Beaver Creek, CO...there are still snow-capped mountains but were we are specifically, there are green, rolling hills all around us. We can look out any window of our room and there are mountains. Breath-taking!!! God is so GLORIOUS!

This verse was in my quiet time this morning. I must say it couldn't have come at a better time. God is so good like that :) I am so thankful He gave it to me today because my heart is very heavy. Tuesday night, we have a bible study with some of our very dear friends. We have been meeting close to a year now and we have grown very close. We have grown in Christ most importantly, but we have grown as friends as well. We have become very close and we share a lot of things and we pray for each other. So, this past Tuesday night, we had a very sweet prayer time. It got me thinking. It made me sad. In our group alone, we have so many hurts and struggles, and then outside of our group we know so many that are sick, hurting and just seeking God's face. So, we prayed. We prayed for everyone we knew hurting, we prayed for each other and we praised God for His provision and for His care. We know that no matter what is going on, He cares. So, Wednesday morning as we were boarding our first plane for Colorado, my heart was very heavy. I couldn't help but wonder why. Was it the realization that we would be gone for the rest of the summer? Was it because a good friend was having surgery that very morning and I couldn't get him off my mind? Was it because I was already homesick? I think I realized we would be gone and we would miss so many things.

Kraig and I have a heart for missions and travel! We love to see new things, we love to follow God's direction and we love to tell people about what God has done for us and what He can do for them. :) So, this summer, is our first big step in following God's lead. I think I am just realizing what it means. It means, missing our Tuesday night groups, missing friends and family birthdays, missing our youth group and trips, and missing being a part of all the hurt that is going on at home. We aren't able to be there for our friends who are hurting. The Lord is so good. He put this verse in my way this morning and although I can't help but wonder if I will always feel this way when Kraig and I leave to go off, I can know that God gives us the peace to know that we are doing His will, He will take care of our family and friends at home and all we can do is PRAY! Pray that our hearts will not be troubled by our lack of trust, pray that our fears will be releived, pray that we seek God's face in everything rather than doing what we want. He is so faithful and He will take away the anxiety I feel. I am so thankful. I know He will take care of those we love at home and I am so glad of that. I have the peace He gives.

I ask that you also will pray for our friends that are battling cancer, sickness, and battling Satan. I ask that you will pray for our family that is sick. I also ask that you will pray for us as we travel and do the Lord's work. That we will not be torn by being in Alaska and wanting to be home to help our friends and family. We know God wants us to go but Satan is working hard on my heart so please pray.

Thank you so much. We love you.
Kraig and Ashleigh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

What we do all day...

Rett and I have made it through the first full week of Kraig being at school.  It's been pretty uneventful. We have been on a really good schedule and Rett has slept through the night this week so that's a positive.  We don't do much during the day.  Just clean, laundry, all the housewife-y things, I guess.  I watch Rett a lot and we talk a lot.  And snuggle.  He's a great snuggler.  I find it hard to put him down sometimes because I don't want to loose this time with him.  I am excited to hear his first laugh though. Kraig and I play at night with him and try to get a laugh but still no luck, just lots of cooing and sweet sighs.  He's precious.  We still can't believe we have a kid sometimes.  It's still so surreal.  We love him so much and love to watch him grow.  Although, I wish he would stay little... This week was also another first for me.  Kraig went off to work...I didn't.  The first time in a little over 10 years, I didn't go to work.

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th