Skip to main content

goodness...will it ever stop?!

Without further adieu....

Kraig and I have been called to a little church out in the valley to serve as youth pastor (and wifey). What a drastic change this will be!?! But a blessing that I never saw coming :)

Kraig has been struggling off and on for about a year now about youth ministry and his (our) role with youth. He knew he loved teaching at OCA and we both loved serving the youth at Oakwood. Kraig just wasn't sure if there was more to his struggle than just teaching and just serving at the capacity that we were in. So, with lots of prayer and searching the scripture, Kraig knew that we were supposed to do something more. Well, that was that. We didn't pursue anything, we had a lot going on at our church and we were just getting into the swing of things and really enjoying our youth. About January...I guess...
L O N G S T O R Y short....Kraig got a call from a pastor that I have known probably as long as I have been in the Chickamauga area...and Kraig met through his administrator at OCA. Pastor Terry wanted to meet with Kraig about a possible youth opening at their church. At first...I was kicking and screaming. I did not want to leave everything I had known to go to this little church that is the complete opposite of what I have known for so long. The LORD again...had other plans. He has methodically planned this whole thing out and why would I be surprised that He is providing exactly what BOTH Kraig and I need. As of last Sunday, with a vote of 100%, Kraig is the new (part-time) youth pastor (along with a very supportive, no longer kicking/screaming wife) at a very friendly - God loving church.

We couldn't be more excited, terrified, in AWE and humbled by this opportunity and can't wait to get started. We covet your prayers because this is a whole new world for us and a brand new group of kids that we want to share the Truth with and hope that they can fall in love with the Heavenly Father like never before.

AND, again...why am I surprised?! The Lord has placed a house right in front of us and we are just praying that it works out. The house hasn't gone on the market yet because the people had to fix up a couple more things so we have been able to go in, see it and decide we want it in a matter of days. They just want the pay off amount which is a blessing because it is right where our budget allows. It is in a great location. (NEXT DOOR TO MY SISTER) It has a great big yard for our dogs to play in and our son when he gets older...it just has so many things and more than what we had asked for and we just feel like this is the Lord again providing for us in ways we could never imagine. So, we are praying everything works out smoothly and that we are able to get this house.

I was talking with a friend the other day about all of these changes in our lives...the upcoming birth of Baby G (NAME SOON TO BE REVEALED), this new church, our POSSIBLE new house and how our lives are going to be completed rocked by all of these things. I told her how stressed I was getting and just overwhelmed by it all. She reminded me again that the Lord is ever faithful and never leaves me. Which I had read a couple weeks before in a story in Genesis...but it was just a great reminder that He will not give me (us) more than we can handle. And truthfully, I don't think the Lord has scratched the surface of what He wants from us and will continue to show His faithfulness to us so that we are forced to trust Him more and more. So, I look forward to what is next. :) Through all of this, I don't think I can stress enough how I have had to trust Him and trust that His ways are good and pure. Because MINE are so NOT! So, I'm not sure if all of the new changes or things will ever stop and I doubt they will. But I will continue to pray and seek His will through all the life's changes (blessings in disguise) He gives us so we can praise Him because He so deserves every bit of it. His hand has never left us and will continue to guide our steps, we have seen it so clearly the last few months, it is truly AWESOME. I can't even describe it. Maybe another post when I have more time...

We are excited. We are scared. We are humbled. We can't wait to get started. It's a bittersweet feeling to be leaving something we love so much to be going into uncharted territory. But the Lord is guiding us and will help us make our way. Praise God.
Kraig, Ashleigh and Baby G :)

Comments

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad everything is working out for you guys even if kicking/screaming is involved at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I m proud 2! AND very excided 4 all the newness u guys will get to encounter! AIN T GOD GOOD?! AND I do know we were never promised a rose garden but along the way roses bloom for us. Good Luck and Im Thankful for
    ya ll and love u !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th