Skip to main content

Parade, painting, Carnival, Matnuska glacier...






We have been a tad busy that last few days. We are all pretty exhausted. But we have accomplished so much for the Balos'. Sunday, we had the 4th of July parade where we passed out over 1500 flyers talking about the different ministries with the church and also the carnival for Monday. So, Monday we had the carnival for the kids. We have over 50 families represented so that was a blessing. It was a great success. We were all very pleased with the outcome. In between all of these, we painted the Balos' house and passed out more flyers for the Backyard Bible club that the mission group that is here did on Tuesday and Wednesday. So, we walked the neighborhoods and put flyers on cars at Wal-Mart and Sears...we put them everywhere, or so it felt like it!!! But the house is about done being painted...all the is left is trim and touching up on areas which is a huge blessing to the family b/c it was a rough winter on their house.

So, since we have worked so hard....we went out to the Matnuska glacier last night. It is one of the only glaciers in Alaska that is accessible by car/walking. So, we drive out there, it was a beautiful ride...we finally get there and we have to hike about a mile out to it. We just had a fun time exploring the area and trying not to fall on our butts. It was fun!! And to see the glory of God was such a humbling experience. It was HUGE! And to think God is even bigger than that, it just puts me in my place. It was Beautiful!! There was a rainbow when we first got there so that was so wonderful to see!! It was truly one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen. We got to see a moose out in the wild also, it ran in front of our car! Talk about scary! Also, there is a pic of cottonwood up there! It snows here in July!! Actually, it's a tree that sheds and it looks like snow. It is real cool but very annoying.

It has been such a wonderful week especially with the group here. We have worked hard here are some of the blessings we have seen thus far.
:Church people are definitely seeing our hard work and trying to be more involved.
:A young lady, who is engaged and living with her fiancee who is not a Christian...through prayer and much counseling has finally called off the wedding and moved out of the house so we have been able to talk with her and help her move. She is for sure sad but she is so very strong and knows the Lord is going to bless her efforts. I look forward to getting to know her better. So, please pray she remains strong and encouraged because she is really hurt.
:We had a family come to the carnival that got our flyer from the parade...they showed up at the Backyard Bible club...and it is hopeful they come to Sunday service. They are very sweet family and seemed very interested in the church so that is so very encouraging to us.
:We have been able to get a lot of odds and ends accomplished for the Pastor...just day to day things that seem to get piled up and we have been able to take some of the load which has been a huge help to him.

All of these are very much answered prayers and we are so blessed to be a part of this. Thank you for the opportunity and your continued prayers. We are so grateful!! :)

I will try to get pics up of the carnival and parade up soon. Again, continue to pray for the people here and the impact the church is having in the community. Thank you all again for everything!

Kraig and Ashleigh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th