Skip to main content

Uneventfulness...

This week has been pretty uneventful. I think I like it like that. :) We had Monday off to celebrate our Presidents. It was a great day. Kraig and I cleaned the house really well and just marked stuff off of my "to-do" list. It was nice to feel accomplished. We still have a lot left but it was nice to say that we did some things and not let the day get away from us.

We had Bible Study Tuesday with a great group of friends. We have started a new book called The Life of God in the Soul of Man by Henry Scougal. He's an old dead guy so it should be good and hard to understand. We will see how this goes.

Then it was smooth sailing through the rest of the week. We filed our taxes and this is the first year that we will be getting MONEY back! Praise the Lord ~ we so badly want to pay off the truck so now we are just a little bit closer to that goal. :)

Today, we had to chance to go visit some dear friends. We decided to meet half way which landed us in Scottsboro, AL. Now, if you have never been there, there is nothing there. You might even miss it if you don't know what to look for. Well, we dined at the good ol' Ruby Tuesday's and then I remembered there is something of worth in Scottsboro, AL! The Unclaimed Baggage! I think it's the biggest or something...it's famous. So, we moseyed on over to downtown Scottsboro and found our way through this big store. It was great. :) I was in heaven. Kraig and I have rarely shopped for ourselves in the last year just because it wasn't in the budget, we ended up with 10 shirts between the 2 of us, I got a dress also all for $100. Some of the button up's Kraig picked out were brand new also. One was a Calvin Klein and we got it for $10. So, it was worth it to us to get some "new to us" clothes that we didn't have to break the bank for. I also have been searching for all of the Harry Potter books to start my collection...I found the 2nd one for $1.00 :) I was one happy gal just for that purchase alone. So, all in all...we had a great time with friends and their precious baby girl and shopped til we dropped at the Unclaimed Baggage.

This week might be more eventful - we have a baby appointment! I am pretty excited about hearing the heartbeat. :)

Hope you all have had a great week.

~ashleigh

Comments

  1. Tax Refund...GREAT! Old Dead Guys Who Know the Lord.....ExtraGREAT! Unclaimed Baggage.....SO FUN! Harry Potter....OMGOODNESS!! This all sounds great! Good luck with your upcoming baby appointment!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th