Skip to main content

Being pregnant = studying for exams

Ok NOT REALLY.

But let's think about this. I'm not sure if any of you were like me in college but this is how I got through 4 years of it....

I would get my syllabus at the beginning of the semester just like everyone else. I would digest it along with my other class syllabuses and then begin to organize them all. I would get a new calendar every year and then put the due dates and then my due dates of when I wanted to have things done and then I would go to the store and buy new folders and sticky notes to help me along the process of passing my class and being super organized while doing it. Well, midway through the semester...I don't know if I got senioritis early (every year) or if I just lost the desire or I can attest to my last year that I met this dreamy baseball player whole stole my heart and I just lost all desire to finish school (I DID FINISH AND GRADUATE). But I don't know what would happen...I would begin to just lose interest and start projects the night before or study for tests the night before. Well, my biggest accomplishment which I am embarrassed to admit...I waited until the weekend before my senior paper (30 pages) was due to start it. That was a horrible weekend. All I did was type and then erase and start again...HORRIBLE. So, needless to say, my name is Ashleigh and I am a procrastinator. I am pretty sure I come by it honestly...shhhh...don't tell my mother. :)
It works for us.

Well, most of the time - until now.

Now, I know pregnancy is nothing like my college experience but I have been procrastinating. On some things...I have procrastinated on purpose, others - not so much. But I do think that this pregnancy is like a big test. Just go with me for a second. From the beginning, when we first found out we were pregnant...the first test was how we dealt with the news...me = shock, screams, fear...Kraig = fear and excitement. 2nd test...what do we do now...we had to start to find a place to live = well, we have passed that test and will hopefully be moving by the end of May. I know that is cutting it close but what can you do. I guess the Lord was testing us by our need to continue to trust in His timing and not ours. 3rd test...we had to get our finances in order. ME = yelling, crying, FEAR, and hatred of money. Kraig = we sell the truck and pay off 2 loans...easy as that. So, again...you see that I am scared to death of what will happen and Kraig is the logical one and BOOM we have a solution. However, we have not sold the truck yet and won't until May so I am a tad stressed about that but I feel much better. 4th test...still with finances but this time with our medical bills....I did wait too late for all of this however, I made a few phone calls, and got it all taken care of. Who knew that a few POLITE phone calls would get you were you need to be. :) And the Lord answered our prayers for our medical bills and we will be just fine. :) So, NO MORE WORRIES :) Now, all of these tests are well and good and so far, I would like to think we have passed each test. We may not have passed with A's but we have accomplished what needed to be accomplished. We may be moving in the week Baby Rett gets here but HEY, he will have a place to sleep and I am ok with that. But for the FINAL test, when Baby Rett gets here...Kraig and I will have to keep this child alive, disciple him into the man that God calls for him to be and love him unconditionally. All of those things are terrifying. I don't think the loving him part will be so hard because Kraig and I are already so fond of him and he's just swimming around in my belly...so the rest of it...all we can do is pray that Lord will equip us with knowledge and people around us to help grow this little guy into the man that God wants him to become. I am quite certain that He will do that because He hasn't failed us yet.

I know that pregnancy is nothing like college but it is similar to one BIG test...probably one of the biggest tests I (WE) have ever faced. I read a sermon once by John Piper...basically, my job as a parent is to train this kid up in the Lord...easier said than done.

That sounds like a huge test to me.

So, I ask that as we move along, for prayers for my procrastination issues :) And that we will continue to seek the Lord in how to raise a kid and spoil him like crazy :) We are so excited and can't wait for this journey no matter how scary it will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th