Skip to main content

What to do when you can't "nest"???

Hmmm...that's a hard question to answer.  Well, since we are in the process of buying a house, we have put off  procrastinated putting Rett's room together.

Some of that is strictly procrastination on my part (I'll admit) because I HATE making decisions and I don't know what to do with his room.  However, since the impending house purchase is upon us, I decided to wait until we moved to put his room together anyways...PERFECT TIMING, RIGHT!!  :)

So, what do I do when I want to nest, clean and organize and have no where to do it?!
                 
  • I organize all of Rett's clothes.
  •  I have packed parts of the house.  (We haven't even closed on the house and I pretty much have 40% of the house packed up)  It's in piles and boxes all around the house.  We have a maze from our front door to the kitchen.  :)  
  • I clean the kitchen a lot, well....that's a lie.  I want to clean the kitchen a lot but I don't always do it.  So, I think about cleaning the kitchen A LOT.
  • I have started organizing other areas of our lives since I can't organize a new house. For instance, I made a brand new budget, made a 2 week menu, went to the grocery store and for the most part cooked most of the week.  Hence, why my kitchen is dirty and I don't want to clean it.  
  •  I take naps.
  •  I know I am carrying a little human in my belly but it doesn't make me feel better about the weight gain....call me shallow - but I am convinced that, especially, every pregnant woman experiences this - so I have started walking more than months previous. Maybe it will help Rett come sooner :)  One can only hope.
  •  I over think things.  And probably have started to stress to much but the walking helps.
  •  O and I pinterest like crazy!  This one is probably my favorite thing to do.  I pretend NEST.


Hopefully, in the next week, fingers crossed, we will close on the house,  begin our renovations and move in before the end of the month or PLEASE PLEASE before Rett gets here.  And since we have had to wait on all my nesting, I will probably be nesting all summer long with a new house and new baby especially since the in-laws get to come visit at the end of the summer!!  Can't wait to see them.  It has been too long.

I will try to find more things to organize probably before we are finally moved...or I will at least try.  Or maybe I will just try to stay on top of the laundry and the dishes and call it a night.

Good night all.  :)







Comments

  1. you can come and clean and organize my house :)
    Lynda Martin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th