Skip to main content

Let's get crafty!!

First off ~ Rett had a great time at his first Lookouts game with the youth.  He watched the whole game and then once we left slept the whole way home.  We have had a great time getting to know our Lookout BC family and kids.  They are a ton of fun and have accepted us, we are so thankful for them in our lives and we are excited to see where the next few years take us.  We pray that the Lord will continue to grow our relationships with them and that these kids will fall more in love with the Lord than ever before.  We look forward to watching them grow in Christ.  Exciting times ahead!





I have plenty of projects to keep me busy the next few days/weeks.  None include working on the house but just decorating and adding spruce to it.  We have a tree that fell in the spring and still need to get that cleaned up.  We have to install our microwave and put in a breakfast bar...what else...I want to redo our bedroom and spare room so just lots of projects but I'm going to get crafty instead because I really can't do the other stuff.  Can you just imagine me out in the yard with a chain saw to that tree!  HA~ yea right!  I'll let the professionals do that.  But here are some of the projects I'm working on.  

I made this yummy dinner last night (chicken spaghetti) - turned out pretty good. 
You can find this recipe here  It was pretty good.  Even Kraig liked it.

I am finally working on and completely our Alaska memory book.  We have been back from Alaska for almost 3 years.  I started that today.  I hope to finish by the end of the week.  I'll show finished pictures when it is done.

I also want to make a prayer wall.  I saw the inspiration on Pinterest a few weeks ago but wasn't sure how to make it work but a friend of mine made her own spin-off of the prayer wall so I am stealing her idea.  It will be a neat way for Kraig and me to remember specific prayers that we have because it will be a constant visual.  I am excited about this project.

I also want an "organization" wall.  hahah Well, again...I see these pins on pinterest and want to try to do these things so I am going to attempt them.  I am not crafty.  I don't know how to do a lot of things when it comes to modge podge and such but since I'm home, I want to make stuff to pass the time until Rett starts moving around.  Well, my goal for our organization wall is to have a "mail center", maybe a weekly menu board, a couple pics of our family, and maybe a reminder board/calendar.  So, in the weeks to come, I hope to have that accomplished.  We will see.  It might all just end up a bust but I will try to make it work.    

What's coming up in the next few weeks....hmmm we go to the beach next week with OCA.  Kraig has a work conference so Rett and I are tagging along.  We will go to the beach and relax while Kraig works.  I can't wait.  So, I will take lots of pics of Rett and his first beach trip.  I'm excited.  

Kraig's bday is this week so I plan to make a cheesecake.  AHHHHH So, we shall see how that turns out.

Just stay tuned for beach pics and my organizational pics :)

ashleigh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th