Skip to main content

Update...Birthdays, MaryKay and thrift finds

Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday!  It was a great day.  My grandmother came for a visit.  She brought beautiful flowers and some other nice gifts.  Kraig also got me wonderful flowers and box of Gobstoppers.  :)  He still knows the way to my heart ~ a box of Gobstoppers.  He also has set me up with a massage later.  :)  I am real excited about that.  And dinner this weekend, I think.  I don't know but I know he spoils me :)  I love him.  I'm so thankful for all the phone calls and messages yesterday.  It was a truly great day....thanks and this has been the best blessing/birthday gift ever :)


Here's my little guy just relaxing.


 Rett getting to meet his new buddy, Truett.  Kelly and Julie welcomed their little bundle of joy last Friday evening.  They are going to be close buds, we can tell already.  :) I can't wait to get my hands on this little guy and snuggle him.  

Rett has become the little talker.  He just talks my ear off most of the day.  If he isn't talking, he's kicking around and playing.  He's just days or maybe weeks from crawling.  He can scoot.  He has found his hands and likes to look at the them and investigate all things about them.  He also just recently found his feet.  He loves to pull on them and hold them.  It's fun to watch him grow and learn new things.  He also like to pull on my hair and never let go.  I could do without that game.  But he has the sweetest voice and smile.  I am smitten by him.  :)





I have started the Mary Kay journey.  I'm real nervous about it but I am super excited to get started.  So, let me know if you would like to host a party or do a catalog party.  I would love to share with you how I am going to work my business.  :)  The Lord is so good.

The next few things have been some nice snags that I have gotten while thrifting the past few days.

 I needed something for Rett's toys downstairs.  I felt like this little basket would be a nice fit for our living room as well as holding all of the toys that he has accumulated.  I'm excited to put it in it's rightful place and let Rett get his toys from a safe area.


I also found this nice bowl.  I need somethings for our mantle over the fireplace.  I thought this might be nice.  I think I am going to paint it either orange or navy or I could just leave it like this.  What do you think?  I also plan on getting some old lightbulbs and covering them in twine for this bowl.  I'm excited to see how it turns out.

I needed something for our towels in our bathroom.  I found this gem today and I am so excited to roll up our towels and get them off the ground.  I was quite excited about this find.  And me being not crafty or even coming up with ideas for things, I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with this plan.  I can't wait to put it all together. 

Our house is slowly coming together....I hope with our Mary Kay monies...I can redo our room and redo the spare room...because right now, it is just a jumbled mess.  I'm excited to put our house together.  :)

Just wanted to share some of the things we have been working on the past few days.  

Well, I'm going to go play with my little talker...enjoy your afternoon!!  

~ash

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th