Skip to main content

What a week!

Rett had some big milestone this week.

I started my 10 Days of Real Food Challenge.

Kraig almost won his basketball game.

Hopefully, my pictures will be done uploading so I can photo bomb this post too :)   Because let's face it,  Rett is cute.

As most of you know, we are really working trying to get Rett to sleep in his crib and sleep longer than 3 or 4 hours a stretch.  Well, we have yet to move him to the crib but for naps he is sleeping in his crib or Pac-N-Play so that's a start and last night, Rett slept for 7 hours!!  Let's talk about a rested and happy momma!!!  :)  Although, I rolled over to make sure he was breathing this morning, once I realized he was ok, I went right on back to sleep.  WaHOO!!!  He is all over the place.  He can scoot backwards, roll and he is getting up on all fours and rocking - so ready to crawl.  He also pulled himself up twice this week.  He can walk in his walker and very determined to go everywhere.  He is all over the place.  NEVER STOPS MOVING.  It's crazy.  He also has 4 teeth.  2 teeth on bottom and his 2 eye teeth on top.  I think he's working on another one.  I think the teeth are constant.  Not fun either.  But his little smile is precious with the teeth.  Let's see what else...he's such a happy baby.

 Drinking his apple juice like a big boy ~ he doesn't really like it but we try to drink some everyday.


 He sits up so well now all by himself.  He would rather sit up than anything else.  He's such a curious little guy and can't stand to miss anything.



He stood up twice this week.  Both times he was in the hamper but he still pulled himself up so well.


We went to Target this week, he got sit in the front part.  He absolutely thought this was the best thing ever.  He thought he was driving.  He loved seeing everything and looking around and flirting with the other ladies.  

Since January 1st, we have cut out cokes and most caffeinated beverages.  We still do coffee and sweet tea but if I can help it, it's decaf.  And we have cut out the white sugars.  I am getting too far ahead ~ Let's go back a little bit.  Before Christmas, I was getting so discouraged that I couldn't lose the last few pounds of baby weight but I knew that I couldn't diet.  I hate to diet and I suck at it.  Let's be real - if they tell me I can't have something - I want it even more.  So, to tell me I can't have chocolate, well, that's just plain torture.  So, I started watching all these "organic" documentaries on Netflix and found how much processed foods are harmful to us.  So, Kraig and I talked long and hard and decided we were going to try to cut out processed foods.  We knew it wouldn't be easy and I would probably struggle more than him but come January 1st, we took out cokes, I started buying more fruits and veggies.  It started out small, but we didn't eat out (I COOKED)  In a little over a month, I lost the last few pounds and still going strong.  Both Kraig and I just feel better.  We notice a difference in our energy levels, we can focus better and we are sleeping better (Kraig is, I still wake up with Rett)  But all in all, we were doing really well.  So, then I decided to step it up a notch and go completely off of processed foods.  I researched and found the 100 Days of Real Food blog and she had a 10 day challenge so I thought, "hey, why not?"  We are 6 days in and up until yesterday, I hadn't cheated (knowingly) at all.  Yesterday, my sister made a gluten free cake and I had some.  It was so yummy.  But I felt like in moderation, it was fine.  I ate 2 slices.  Don't judge.  Today, I am back at healthy stuff. But that's what I have learned from all of this...it's not easy. But we will continue to take things out of our unhealthy diet and put in better foods.  Because really, I want to teach Rett to eat better than us and hopefully by the time he gets old enough to chose his foods - he will choose an apple over a candy bar.

Basketball is coming to an end and next comes baseball.  But first, Kraig's elementary girls almost won their first game yesterday.  They have improved so much this season.  They lost by 2 in overtime yesterday.  I felt like that was so huge and such an encouragement to them.  Now, they know that hard work pays off and hopefully they will beat them the next time they play them.  At the end of the month, baseball starts - ugh, the season of long days....

I'm excited about the next few months, hopefully I will lose more weight and get back to my goal weight, we will plan Rett's first birthday, spring is on the way, and baseball is starting.  We will celebrate our 4 year anniversary, we have some trips in the works and I am just excited.

Next time, I report back I hope to share Rett's video of him walking!  I don't think we are far from it.

Hope you all have a great Valentine's week.  It's hard to believe 4 years ago, Kraig was preparing to propose to me this week.  :)  What a special time in our lives.  Maybe I'll have a reminiscent post this week about our special Valentine's date 4 years ago...

Until next time...
go enjoy this beautiful weather - I know we will...

~Givens' clan

Comments

  1. good post friend ! I love seeing lil' rett I can't believe how much he's growing . I miss lil' man and those out of control cheeks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th