Skip to main content

WHAT A SUMMER, WHAT A SUMMER

Well, it's been a busy few months.

We went to New York with Kraig's family.

I started working my summer job.

Rett turned one, started walking and became a little toddler all in one week it seems like.

We went to Florida.

My parents sold their house in a day, moved to an apartment and have yet to find a place to plant their roots.

We saw some very dear friends off to China.  We got to visit with some more dear friends from Alabama.

It has just been one thing after another.  And I feel like I don't have a thing to show for it except a messy house and a walking baby boy.

And I'm pretty positive I wouldn't want it any other way.

I am very sad our summer camp is coming to a close... BUT I am so excited about the new school year and being home with my now 1 year old.  It's crazy how a kid will change things and perspectives.

I was talking with a friend yesterday about lists and we suggested we make a "blog bucket list."  We wanted to make our list, do it and write about our experiences.  Then, my mom gave me her list/goals for her new school year and although one of her's was directed at my sister and I (new grandbaby...hint hint) she had some big things to accomplish this year.  So, with those two conversations fresh on my mind - I figured I'd make a "blog list" for this year with Rett and being at home.  So here goes!

             1 ~ do more hands on things with Rett with learning and teaching him things.  I want him to try more things and see things.  We will get out more.  He is such a blessing and I am so thankful for him but I can easily say that last year was probably one of the hardest years ever.  It probably stemmed from my mental state more than anything but honestly - I didn't want to do anything.  So, this year....I want to do...I want to be more present in his life and show him the world.  He's precious and so full of life and I want to experience that with him instead of being borderline depressed.  I have no reason but to love life with him and I am so excited for that this year.

           2 ~ my girls in my youth group want to get "FIT"  So, we are working out 3 days a week.  Talk about a commitment.  I already struggle with time management and not seeing my family, so to commit to do something with the girls when time is so valuable, well to be honest - it was a hard decision.  But long story short - I came to realize they are part of my "family" too and I need to be present in their lives too.  And I want to be present in their lives.  So, again...I am going to get fit while hanging out and investing in my girls!  I am pretty excited about this too.

          3 ~ I know I say this all the time but I want to cook.  I remember growing up and my mom cooked probably every night....ok at least 4 out of the 7 nights.  And she's a great cook!  I only to aspire to be like her, she is amazing.  Anyways - I want to cook - I want to have a family-sit-down-at-the-dinner-table-dinner....So, that means things will have to change.  I will have to prepare, menu plan, go to the dreaded grocery store, and make the plan for the food to be ready when Kraig gets home.  So, I hope to tackle that this year.

        4 ~  we have lots of little things we want to accomplish this year too like just being more involved with our youth, doing more family things and getting more things done/fixed/changed in our house....just the random day to day things but I guess the big thing is I want to be more proactive and live rather than just "trying to survive."  Which is how I am pretty sure I spent the whole first year of Rett's life.  :(

We will see...I hope I can place big fat check marks beside each of these but let's be real...I can't do these alone.  So, we will see.  I hope I can get that energy from the Lord and get this going and not sit back and let life happen.  I want to live it.  I want to make memories with my family.

I encourage you to make goals for the new school year.
I hope you will do more and make things happen.  And enjoy life.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th