Skip to main content

For Anna!

My cousin, Anna is a dear soul.  She is a beautiful and caring person.  I love being able to spend time with her.  When my sister and I were little, we would go to Atlanta to spend time with her, her brother Brad and her parents.  Then, they moved to Germany and well, life happened.  We all lost touch and would only see each other on those rare occasions they came back to the states.  Now we are all adults, Anna moved back to the states, we get to talk and see each other more often.  A few weeks ago, she posted a comment and tagged me in it.  I have been really trying to come up with an answer to her questions.  So here goes....this is her post...

Please list the top 3 best things that happened for/to you in 2014, whether it be professionally, personally or whatever. You can put down more or less or whatever. 
I would also like to hear the 3 worst things about your 2014. 
Then finally the 3 most significant things that happened to the world in 2014. 

3 best things in 2014 - 
       1.  Baby Case was born August 7th!  My sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.  It was quite a struggle throughout           
             the pregnancy but when it was all said and done, Case and Brittany were healthy and alive.  :)
       2.  We had an awesome year with our youth group.  Lots of growth in their hearts, minds and souls.  It was a great 
             year for both Kraig and me in realizing our path with the youth and realizing how much we care for them and want
             to see them grow.  This really isn't a major thing, it was just a great thing to realize that we are doing what we are 
            supposed to be and we are were the Lord wants us.  
       3.  I had a lot of time with family and friends.  I had lost touch with a few friends over the last few years and a couple of
            those relationships were brought back together this year.  I was even in one of those friend's wedding in December.
           And one of those friends moved away and we still talk over the Internet a lot more.  A lot of our family came back 
           home for visits, so we got to visit more with those members when they came for family get togethers, birthday
           parties or just to visit.  It was a nice year to just have be with family and friends.  Along with that, my dad retired this 
           year so after 3 years of living in Nashville, he came home this year.  This has been so much fun!  It has been 
           awesome to have him back in GA!

3 worst things in 2014 -
        1.  I had 2 family members get very sick this year.  It showed me that life happens.  And it happens to anyone.  
             Although, life does happen and sometimes it sucks....I learned that I just got to fight.  Just like our family members 
             are doing.  I admire them and look forward to a healing in 2015.
         2. We were faced with a huge decision in the fall.  It wasn't a bad thing.  We just weren't ready to make a decision.
             We wanted to do what the Lord wanted for us and we were so torn.  We had a few weeks of just stress and 
             wondering what we should do.  Through much prayer, we finally made the decision and felt a huge sense of relief. 
             So, it wasn't necessarily a bad thing, it was just a stressful time of not knowing the future and what to do.  
        3.  I don't have another one....

3 things that happened in the world - 
        1.  Ebola
        2.  ISIS
        3.  Robin Williams died.  

It was a pretty fun year, some tough things happened but all in all....we just praised the Lord it wasn't worse.  We were thankful for times with family, we learned a whole lot, and we look forward to 2015.  Kraig just turned 30, I turn 30 this year. We have an awesome youth group.  We have a great family full of wonderful cousins and aunts and uncles!  We serve a huge God who can heal and can do "abundantly more" (Eph. 3:20) than we ever can imagine.  He is so faithful through everything and I look forward to seeing whatever happens in 2015.  

I love you, Anna!  I'm so thankful for you and your beautiful heart!  I look forward to what you are going to do in 2015 and seeing you grow like never before!  I wish the best for you and Mateo!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th