Skip to main content

HELP!!!!

HELP!!!

I need advice from all those blogger/facebook moms.

I am ready (sort of ready) to move Rett to his crib in his room however he still wakes up throughout the night to eat/play or look at the ceiling.  I don't know why he wakes up so much but he does.  He is just a restless sleeper,  he hates to be swaddled so that didn't last long.  So, I started putting him on his belly, he would roll over in the middle of the night and kick himself awake, wanting to play.  Then, he got sick so we are putting him in his swing so he can breath but he still wakes up periodically through the night.

Before he got sick this week, he was eating food twice a day and I thought that would help him sleep better at night but it didn't work.  He is still nursing 4 or 5 times during the day.  We tried rice cereal but he didn't like it.  I don't know.  Maybe I'm reading to much into this but from what I have read, I think he should be able to sleep 6-8 hours straight.  He wakes up still every 3 to 4 hours sometimes every 2 hours.  He takes 2 good naps, sometimes 3 short napes,  during the day so I'm not real concerned about that.  Just at night....

He is so much fun right now. He goes nonstop (like his dad)  He can roll and scoot and sit up for longer periods of time.  I very much enjoy watching him and seeing his personality grow.  Mommyhood is so much fun but yet so hard.

I guess I'm just tired.  haha I miss sleeping.  That's my whine for this post.  

But seriously, I am just curious about what other moms do.  I want to learn more tricks and know how I can move him to his room.  I think it's time....

Let me know what you think...all advice is welcomed....

Thanks!  And please pray we can beat this sickness...he seems to be doing a lot better but still on an inhaler for his breathing.

~one tired mom


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

What we do all day...

Rett and I have made it through the first full week of Kraig being at school.  It's been pretty uneventful. We have been on a really good schedule and Rett has slept through the night this week so that's a positive.  We don't do much during the day.  Just clean, laundry, all the housewife-y things, I guess.  I watch Rett a lot and we talk a lot.  And snuggle.  He's a great snuggler.  I find it hard to put him down sometimes because I don't want to loose this time with him.  I am excited to hear his first laugh though. Kraig and I play at night with him and try to get a laugh but still no luck, just lots of cooing and sweet sighs.  He's precious.  We still can't believe we have a kid sometimes.  It's still so surreal.  We love him so much and love to watch him grow.  Although, I wish he would stay little... This week was also another first for me.  Kraig went off to work...I didn't.  The first time in a little over 10 years, I didn't go to work.

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th