Skip to main content

Thanks!

Thanks moms for all your help!

After all the feedback, praying, talking it over with Kraig, research....we may have come up with some things to try in order to get Rett to the crib.

First, let me say that all babies are different.  haha Who knew!  Schedules are important...and we have a pretty good schedule - not real strict but we have one that works for us.  But now we are going to be stricter especially at bed time.

But I am doing some trial and error things and trying to get him moved.  So, first we are doing the cry-it-out method for naps but really I'm just letting him get tired and then letting fall asleep where ever he is....I know that's not the correct way of doing it and we don't last long but I give it a try at least once a day....

I am not a huge fan of the cry-it-out method but I am willing to give it a try.  So, I am for naps.

And let's see what else we are trying...we are doing a more strict regime at bedtime....trying new baby foods, bathtime because let's face it - Rett's covered in food when we are done - I love feeding times, after bath, lavender baby lotion, playing, reading a book, prayers and then one more nursing session and then putting down by 9:00.  So far this week, it's been a success.  Now, we just need to move him to the crib and see how that goes...

He still wakes up 4 or 5 hours in so we will try probably in the next few weeks.  But let's be honest, I don't know if I am completely ready for him to move.  That's just one more thing to show he's growing up.  :(  O it's a part of life....

And he has 3 teeth and one more on the way!!!  Exciting...yet, again one more thing to show he's growing up.  He can scoot/crawl backwards, clap, and we are working on some sign language.  It's loads of fun...just bittersweet.

Let's see...we start our 10 Days of Real Food next week.  Kraig and I have been on a new lifestyle change and trying to eat healthier and I have been walking more and blah, blah, blah but you can find out what it's all about here.  It's real interesting. And we are willing to give it a shot.  We have not had cokes in 3 weeks and Kraig hasn't had sugar in almost a month.  I'm working on it and for sure next week, I will stick with the plan.

Either way...thanks for all the feedback moms!  The articles and ideas are all so helpful and we are trying a little bit of them all to see what works for our little guy.

We have lots going on in the next few weeks - baby showers, birthday parties, and baseball season so spring is fast approaching and we are excited - before we know it we will be celebrating Rett's first birthday...I love watching him grow.

So, again....babies are all so different and I love learning from other moms, I love learning what works from them and getting advice from you all.

Hopefully, I'll have many pictures from the upcoming weeks...

Enjoy your rainy day.

thanks again all

finally getting some sleep - ash



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th