Skip to main content

I drink my coffee black

Ok NOT REALLY!!!

Since Kraig and I have tried (and failed) giving up cokes, I have become an avid coffee drinker.  I don't know if its the little extra kick that I need in the morning after a sleepless night or just the social aspect of it.  Originally I started drinking coffee just with Kraig when we went out but now, I drink it almost every morning and sometime throughout the day.  We did go about 2 months without a soft drink and we will try to go another 2 months.  We will just take it a day at a time.  And drink more coffee.  So, last week, we had run out of milk...I had made my coffee from our trusty Keurig, I go to the fridge, low and behold, NO MILK.  I couldn't let my freshly brewed blueberry coffee go to waste.  I just put some sugar in that bad boy and drank it like there's no tomorrow.  I say that to say...I have got this mommy thing figured out.

***I figured out that all babies are different.

***I have figured out that diapers are so expensive.  After almost 6 months of not having to buy diapers (NEW MOMS, HAVE A DIAPER SHOWER!!)  We bought diapers over Christmas and so I no longer change a diaper if he just pees once.  I got to make those things last.

***I have figured out that schedules are for the birds.  I'm sure it would be different if I wasn't a stay at home mom, I am sure I would be more ritualistic about his schedule but since it's just us during the day, we just play, nap, eat...sometimes in that order, sometimes not.  :)  It works for us, it's a pretty good routine and he doesn't complain.

***I have figured out that I can get most of the housework done when he naps or when Kraig gets home.  Or if it gets done...I have come to terms that it is ok if it doesn't get done because sometimes I need to nap when he naps...

The MOST important thing I have figured out is that I have a son.  The Lord has entrusted me with him.  Kraig and I have a huge responsibility in his future.  So, if things do not get done, if we decide to play all day, if we want to sleep in or go to bed late, it is what is best for us and we are trying to take advantage of every opportunity while we have him for this short time on this earth.  We look forward to this time, hard as it can be and sometimes overwhelming, we are excited for the times ahead.

But let's be real - I don't have anything figured out.  I read a lot about what other moms do, I take as much advice I can take and we pray a lot.  We talk a lot about what could work and new ways to do this parenting thing.  

So, as much as I don't think I am in survival mode anymore.  A good cup of coffee, even if it's black, in the morning is much needed sometimes.  Especially after those sleepless nights - we are teething....

I wouldn't want this any other way.

Moving on....we have many plans for the spring.  Baseball has started.  WAHOO.  I'm excited to get out and watch Coach Givens give it his best shot.  
We have many plans for the summer, one being the grandparents are coming for PA!  I can't wait.  It's always such a blessing to spend time with them and have Rett be around them.  Visits to PA and from PA are so few.  
We have other trips in the works and hopefully some will work out.  Hopefully, we can get this teething thing under control.  DOUBT IT but one can hope :)  
We start our March Madness workout tonight, HA...and hopefully we can do without soft drinks this month.  We will see.  
We have babies coming, friends getting married and vacations in the works.  SO EXCITED for the upcoming months.
I look forward to seeing pictures of your trips and am excited to hear what you all will be up to this spring.

Can't wait to see the sun and warmer weather!
ashleigh


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th