Skip to main content

It's always something

I had a friend tell me a few weeks ago, "It's always something."  

She was talking in regards to her child...meaning there is always something happening.  Whether we go from tooth to tooth to tooth or from tooth to sickness, or getting into everything or learning to walk - it's a process and it is constantly moving...there's no stopping.  I truly believe this more than ever.  Rett is even more constant than before, he goes non stop...he is probably weeks from walking and days from crawling.  Although, if you count army crawling - HE'S CRAWLING.  He goes all day long.

SIDE NOTE - for all of those praying for us and our sleeping habits - we are getting it under control and we are seeing some huge improvements.  :)  Maybe another blog later but for now, I just pray it keeps working.

But anyways....It is always something.  That's true for real life too.  Not just kids.  I was thinking a few days ago about Kraig and my first apartment.  Sometimes, I miss those days.  It seemed so slow and peaceful during those days.  I don't know what it was but we were just taking things in and enjoying married life ~ not to say we don't enjoy it now, because we do....felt I should reassure you.

So, where along the way did we go from peaceful to fast paced.  It truly is always something.  We finally made progress on school loans SO we decide we MAY want to try for another vehicle...or we MAY go on vacation....or we MAY do work on the house....but the point is, we were thinking we were going start saving the money but now we think we will just put it into another vehicle.  Or to the house or SOMETHING.  We are praying for guidance.

Not only with kids but with life, things are always going to happen.  We may go through dry spells like our apartment life but something is bound to happen to get life going again.  Yes, I miss the quiet days but there is something about a crying baby that makes it all worth it.  Even the lack of sleep is fine when I watch him figure something new out.  The lack of sleep is unimportant.  We are cutting some more teeth so that exciting.

He is eating more and more real foods.  He doesn't have a peanut allergy so far...he loves peanut butter toast.  We tried mashed potatoes and they weren't a winner but we will try again.  He loves yogurt and sweet potatoes.  And he loves the Gerber Puffs.  I enjoy watching him try new things.  There is an unspeakable joy that comes with motherhood.  One I would have never imagined.  It is truly always something....

Here's some photos for your viewing pleasure :)


He got a new big boy car seat a few weeks ago.  He's growing too fast.


Wearing Daddy's OCA hat in Academy :)


"Look Mom, I can crawl from the living room to the kitchen"


I love to eat babies in the mirror.


I see you.  


Sleeps like his Daddy


Showing off those pearly whites


Loves to drink out of Mommy's cup


Sick baby this week...watching VeggieTales in Mommy and Daddy's bed

So, I look forward to what's next.  I sit in anticipation.  I also try to guess...that's always fun, right!!  Maybe we will get a time of rest and just be watchful.  One could be so lucky.  

Hope you all are finding peace in this crazy life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th