Skip to main content

boot camp healthy living, and discipline

Let's get real for a minute.  I have put on some weight.

Kraig told me once that he read an article in some sports magazine (I think, I'm not real sure)  that people who play one sport growing up are more likely to gain more weight and keep it on when they get older.  I was always a pretty active kid, however I only played one sport.  I don't know how true that article or information he read really is but it is true for me and it has stuck with me.  

After having Rett, I would read blogs, magazines and books that would tell me that the weight would just fall off after giving birth especially if you nurse.  Well, I nursed and the weight never JUST FELL OFF.  In fact, it stayed.  and STAYED even a little bit more.  So, although I don't think I am overweight, I am the most unhealthy I have ever been in my life.  And being so unhealthy plays with my psyche.  Which has played a role in other aspects in my life.  

SO....after months of trying to eat better, work out with Kraig and trying to "be a runner"....I was fed up with nothing working.  The weight didn't budge.  And I just felt more discouraged and more defeated.  I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the weight off.  

I may step on some toes here but it has messed so much with my mind.  I think as women - when we don't feel good about ourselves - it affects everything else.  I never realized how sad, even depressed some days because I didn't want to go out because I just didn't feel good in my clothes or confident enough to "face the day."  I just didn't want too.  

This summer...well more like end of August...I was done.  I decided I was done living this way.  I needed extra help.  I couldn't do it the way I was doing it.  It wasn't working.  SO....

I joined a training boot camp.  It has been one of the hardest things I have done since giving birth, I am pretty sure.  ha The first day - I got so sick I pretty much just sat with my head over the fan and prayed I wouldn't throw up.  I didn't but I sure wished I hadn't already paid for the next 10 weeks.  I mean, who gets up at 4:45 am to go work out to the point of almost throwing up.  Well, I did and I stuck with it.  I couldn't do many of the exercises to the full capacity and had to take many breaks and was super tired but I stuck with it.  Now, 9 weeks in....I did my first real pull up last week, I can do burpees, I can do things I never thought I could.  And although I haven't really lost weight, I have gotten a lot stronger and I feel better.  I finally felt good about myself.  That is huge.

Well, I was still bummed I wasn't losing weight.  I was losing some inches and I couldn't tell a difference in some of my clothes which was great but not big weight lose.  So...I started to figure out what I could try along with the training camp.  My friend told me about Isagenix.  If you know nothing about this nutritional program....CHECK IT OUT..... HERE

I started this program November 1st.  I started with 2 shakes a day and a low cal dinner....the first week in, I lost 5lbs and a couple more inches.  So, I was hooked.  I struggled with some headaches and weakness during that first week.  I started to feel skeptical and thought it wasn't working but I learned that what was happening was that toxins were getting out of my body and that was just my body's way of reacting to the nutrients coming in and the toxins getting out.  I am now in my 3rd week.  I feel so much better.  I have so much more energy.  I have had a couple rough days with some bad meals....I FELT HORRIBLE AFTER!  I can tell how bad pizza and mexican food messes with my stomach.  I should not have had that.  So, my goal for this week is to do better with clean eating and no fried foods.  I look forward to seeing great results.  I have built muscles and now I am losing weight because of the good things I am putting in my body...but more importantly I am learning so much more...

I have learned that I struggle with consistency and discipline.  I hate to wake up.  I am not a morning person.  I don't feel like 5 am is a good time to do anything productive.  However, I signed up for boot camp and stuck with it.  I now, can't imagine not waking up and going.  It's not easy by any means...especially now that the weather is colder but it's worth it.  But I am seeing how important it is to be consistent in this weight loss journey.  I know I will have rough days but I will continue and wake up the next day and go to boot camp and take each meal at a time.  I choose to put good things in my body.  And because I decided to loose weight....I have committed myself to do this.  

I don't know that I will ever post my before and after pictures...maybe when I hit my goal weight but know....this is working!  I have found the mixture of exercise and good nutrition that is working for me!  And I am feeling so much better for it.  I am not as sluggish because of the bad foods...I have more energy.  I just feel better.  That's all I can say, I cant stress it enough.  

So, come join me at boot camp (Matt Eubanks-training camp) and get on this Isagenix plan!  It works!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th