Skip to main content

Growing up....

Yesterday, I got to go to the Chapel service at Kraig's school.

It was a treat.

A student that I have had the privilege knowing since she was in 6th grade (now a Senior) spoke.  I have been her small group leader for 5 years and have seen her transform into a wonderful and beautiful young lady.

She is going places.  She is a talented athlete and great friend.  Loves Jesus and a new found desire to serve Him in all things.  She's not a speaker and will tell you that.  She's a bit shy but will be so loyal once you have the friendship with her.  But yesterday, even being as scared as she was to speak, the Lord was so gracious and gave her the exact words He wanted her to say.

I couldn't help but be proud.  I know I didn't have a huge roll in her life but just being able to be a part of her life for the past 6-7 years and to see her faith and love for God grow is just....amazing.  As I listened, I couldn't help but be teary-eyed because of her bright future ahead.  I'm just so excited for her and what the Lord will continue to do through her.  I hope she will continue to keep me in the loop of her life.  She is going off to college in the fall to King College to play volleyball, although I'm sure she's nervous...her parents have done a wonderful job of preparing her to go.  And I just couldn't be more excited.

As I was sitting there listening to her and as the day progressed, I went to get Rett and spent the day with him doing tedious tasks around the house.  Playing, picking up, and making dinner....it just kind of hit me that Rett will be a Senior one day.  ha - talk about skipping lots of steps.  So, then I went back and thought, well....first we got to make it through Kindergarten.  It started to get overwhelming because I was then presented with the fact that we have to prepare him for his future.  I want him to be able to go off to school, go experience the world.  I want to be ok with that.  I'm sure it won't be easy but I have to remind myself that he is the Lord's and the Lord has big plans for Rett.  And I so want to watch God work and I so want to be apart of that journey.  I don't want to hinder Rett from doing what God's plan is for his life.

My prayer for my friend is that she will keep the Lord first, continue to seek Him in all things and just keep going.  Not giving up.  My prayer is the same for Rett.  I look forward to the time when he asks the Lord into his heart.  I look forward to conversations about friends, girls and futures....

Then as we were struggling last night waiting for Daddy (Kraig) to get home, I realized he's going to grow up for sure.  ha  I realized though that I needed to enjoy this time more than ever.  And today since he's sick, I need to get all the extra cuddles in that I can.  That's what I'm going to do.  So, enjoy your day, I'm going to play and cuddle with Rett and pray he feels better.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

What we do all day...

Rett and I have made it through the first full week of Kraig being at school.  It's been pretty uneventful. We have been on a really good schedule and Rett has slept through the night this week so that's a positive.  We don't do much during the day.  Just clean, laundry, all the housewife-y things, I guess.  I watch Rett a lot and we talk a lot.  And snuggle.  He's a great snuggler.  I find it hard to put him down sometimes because I don't want to loose this time with him.  I am excited to hear his first laugh though. Kraig and I play at night with him and try to get a laugh but still no luck, just lots of cooing and sweet sighs.  He's precious.  We still can't believe we have a kid sometimes.  It's still so surreal.  We love him so much and love to watch him grow.  Although, I wish he would stay little... This week was also another first for me.  Kraig went off to work...I didn't.  The first time in a little over 10 years, I didn't go to work.

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th