Skip to main content

lessons learned from Moses....

We are going through the Old Testament with our youth in Sunday School.

The Old Testament never gets old to me.  No matter how many times I read or hear different stories, I learn something new every time.  Or something new stands out to me.  It just never gets OLD.  I don't know why.  It's amazing to me how their faith blossomed, how they experienced God and how even through all the trials and hard times, they still BELIEVED God.  It blows my mind every time.

So, let's get to Moses.  In Exodus 1 and 2, Moses was born, "adopted" by the Pharaoh, saw a fight and murdered an Egyptian, fled from Egypt, and then met/married his wife. Now, Moses knew about God and that He had made a covenant with His people (that He would take them to the Promised Land) but Moses had never heard from God until this point.  The Burning Bush.  God talked to Moses through a Burning Bush.  REALLY!  A BURNING BUSH!!!  HA!  THINK ABOUT THAT! hmmmm....so, God tells Moses to go back to Egypt and free his people from the Pharaoh.  This was a tad harder than it sounds.  Moses knew it wouldn't happen right away but after one conversation with God, HE GOES.  He goes and he goes again, and again and again....10 times.  The Pharaoh's heart was finally softened and he lefts the people go AFTER TEN TIMES!!!  I don't know about you but after one time, I would have probably given up.  I am ashamed of how weak my faith really is when I was putting it into perspective.  But Moses doesn't give up.

Let's look at the big picture.  God knew how long it would take.  God knew that Moses would face opposition.  God knew that Moses had to do this though.  I am just fascinated by Moses' faith.

I guess as we went through this yesterday with our kids, I saw how meek my faith was.  How I don't know the big picture.  I don't know why we are at our church most of the time, (now, we can't imagine being anywhere else) or why God has chosen to give us Rett when we (I) felt so ill-prepared, (we love him more than anything) or why all of sudden Kraig feels comfortable about preaching. (what's that about).....and many other things that are little but when put in place....it will lead to a bigger picture of what God is preparing us for.  I do know that because of all of these things, we are supposed to have faith that God will take care of us and that even when we have no idea what we are doing, GOD DOES!  All we have to do is do what He says.  I know and was reminded yesterday that it's not always easy but it's ok.  It's ok because God loves us and will provide everything we need to make it through to our "BIG PICTURE," whatever that may be.  I have also learned recently and again through Moses that it takes time.  Moses didn't free his people until he was in his 60s.  Many people in the Bible and even people in our lives didn't just come out of the womb and all of sudden was able to do what the Lord commanded.  IT TAKES TIME.  We go through seasons in life of growing, we have trials and good times.

Now, I'm rambling I feel like.  But just remember God knows the big picture when we can't see past our own wants and desires....He is preparing us for that big picture.  Just have faith that He will take care of us and enjoy the ride.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where do you want to be?

If someone would have told me 5 years ago that I would: 1 - marry a yankee :) 2 - work with kids 3 - have a kid 3 years after being married (or have a kid, period) 4 - live in Chickamauga I think I would have laughed in their face. Well, here I am...almost to my 3 year anniversary to a YANKEE that I love dearly, work with kids day in and day out - with youth and 4 th graders, we have a baby boy on the way, and it looks like we will be staying in Chickamauga or the surrounding area. Hmmm ...it's funny (I don't think I am laughing yet) how the Lord has molded my life to what He wanted and yet it is so far from what I wanted, but it is exactly what I needed and where I need to be. I love my husband. We rarely agree on much but he is one of the best things to have ever happened to me. We joke about our disagreements, right now, we can't even agree on our son's name. Which I know we have time, I just thought it would come a bit easier. Guess not. :) It will co

Well - in DUE time all news will come out

I don't even know where to begin... I guess the most recent news would be that we are going to have a surprise visit from the stork in June and it's a BOY! I am sure I will update more later because it being a surprise has come many other surprises that we have had to work through so that is all DUE time. :) Also, I think last I wrote, my dad was being shipped off to Kuwait. Well, he's back and working in Nashville as the Senior Enlisted Leader for the state of Tennessee. He's pretty important. We are so very proud of him. He does his job well. We are trying to buy a house. That's another big thing going on in our lives. Mainly because we have a new addition and we need to be more stablized. Maybe so, maybe not...but we feel like this is the next move that we should make. Now, if only we could find a house :) In DUE time again, I'm sure the Lord will place the perfect house in front of us. So, PLEASE, PLEASE pray we can find something suitable for u

So close!!

Well, we are down to the wire now, folks! Just got back from the doctor visit, we go back Tuesday for the ultrasound to make sure Rett and I look good.  Then, we will talk about scheduling his arrival probably for the end of next week.  Needless, to say, I'm scared out of my mind.  :)  And in all reality, I know it could happen before that but the unknown for me is almost better than the known.  I don't know.  Either way, we are going to be responsible for a real human in a little over a week.  The Lord sure does trust us.  Goodness! My last post was all about things that I am ready for...well, I thought of some more...     ~I'm ready to be able to wear my wedding rings again.     ~I'm ready to not be so hot all the time.     ~ I'm ready to not be so puffy (swollen).     ~ I'm ready to help on the house. These are just a few.  On the note of the house...it is coming along very nicely.  The Lord's time of Rett couldn't be any better.  He knew th